- 1 refrigerated pie crust, softened according to its directions
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons shredded dry coconut
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 (16 oz) can pineapple rings, or freshly sliced
- 4 ounces pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Roll out pie crust and use it to line a 10-inch tart pan, trimming as necessary. Prick well with a fork and bake blind for around 8 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese, brown sugar, coconut, coconut extract and egg until light and fluffy. Add a small pinch of salt.
- Pour mixture into partially baked pastry shell to create a thin, even layer. Add pineapple rings as a topping, cutting in half to fit as necessary.
- Bake filled pie in the hot oven for around 20 minutes or until filling sets.
- While the pie is baking, mix pineapple juice with sugar and cornstarch in a small saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, to create a glaze.
- Remove cake from oven and spoon glaze evenly over the surface.
- Cool pie to room temperature, then refrigerate until completely chilled. Serve and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Pillsbury