- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, cold
- 1 3/4 cups buttermilk
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt.
- Slice the butter into small pieces and add them into the flour mixture. Pinch the butter in between your thumb and index finger and make a snapping motion in the flour mixture to break the butter into small pieces.
- Slowly stir in the buttermilk until your dough forms one solid mass as you stir it with a fork.
- Place the dough on a floured surface and form it into a ball.
- Placed your dough and a cast-iron skillet that is at lease 8 inches.
- With a sharp pairing knife mark the top of the dough with an X making sure you don’t cut too deep for the dough will open up too much and you will not end up with an odd shape.
- Make the dough in the oven until it’s golden brown about 40 minutes.
Source : allrecipes.com
(Visited 176 times, 1 visits today)