- 2 cup dry elbow macaroni
- 4 cup shredded Triple Cheddar Cheese blend, divided [*see cook’s note]
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 [10¾ oz] can cheddar cheese soup
- ⅔ cup soft easy melting cheese [such as Velveeta or Cheez Whiz]
- ½ cup sour cream
- 4 Tbsp melted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp white pepper
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium size pot, boil the elbow macaroni in salted water until al dente Drain well.
- In a blender, blend together the milk, sour cream, cheddar cheese soup, cheez whiz, eggs, melted butter, white pepper, ground mustard, and salt. You can also do this by hand with a whisk.
- Layer one half of the cooked macaroni in the bottom of the baking dish. Sprinkle with 2½ cups of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Spread the last of the cooked elbow macaroni over the cheese layer.
- Pour the creamy sauce evenly over the macaroni. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Dot the top with butter just before baking.
- Bake for 40 minutes until golden and bubbly. Serve hot.
- The cheese I used is a blend of mild, medium and sharp cheddar cheese. Any combination of cheese will work in the same amount.Source : allrecipes,com
(Visited 154 times, 1 visits today)