- 5 lbs. Russet Potatoes, peeled, rinsed and quartered
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 (16. oz.) container sour cream
- 1 1/4 cups 2 % milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 1/2 cup freshly grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese, divided
- In a large stock pot, cover the potatoes with cold water, bring to a boil and cook until you can easily pierce with a fork (about 35 minutes or so).
- Pre heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Drain potatoes and return to the pot.
- Use a potato masher and give the potatoes a quick mash.
- Add the butter, half of the sour cream and half of the milk and start whipping them with a hand held mixer.
- Add the remaining sour cream and milk, whip together until well blended.
- Add the salt and 1 cup of the cheese.
- Whip together until blended.
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray and spoon the potatoes into the dish evenly.
- Sprinkle the potatoes with the remaining 1 1/2 cups of Sharp Cheddar cheese and cover with foil being careful not to touch the cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and keep covered until you are ready to serve.
- Serves 8-10.
Source : allrecipes.com
(Visited 196 times, 1 visits today)