- 1 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage (regular)
- 8 ounces Great Value brand cream cheese
- 2 cups Great value brand sour cream
- 1 4-ounce can green chilies (with the juice)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (more or less to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and black pepper (to taste)
- 2 cups Great Value brand grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, sliced (garnish)
- Tortilla chips, fresh bread, carrots and celery (for serving)
- To a large nonstick skillet, add the Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until browned and fully cooked through (reaches an internal temperature of at least 170 degrees F). Remove from heat.
- Preheat your slow cooker. To the slow cooker, add the fully-cooked pork sausage, cream cheese, sour cream, green chilies, water, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Cook over low heat for 1 hour. Stir the dip and give it a taste. Adjust seasoning by adding salt and black pepper if necessary. Add the cheddar cheese and stir. Cook the dip for an additional 1-2 hours until melty and warm. Keep the dip warm until you are ready to serve.
- Serve the spicy sausage cheese dip with tortilla chips, fresh bread, and carrots and celery. Enjoy!
Resource : http://www.cookingandbeer.com/2016/01/slow-cooker-spicy-sausage-cheese-dip/