- 3 pounds potatoes, peeled and sliced into strips or wedges (approx. 9 cups)
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder, optional
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder (if using), and salt and pepper.
- Place your fries in the slow cooker insert and pour seasoned oil mixture over the potatoes, then toss to coat everything thoroughly.
- Turn slow cooker on HIGH and cook for 2 1/2-3 hours, stirring every hour, or until potatoes are fork tender. Note: begin checking potatoes at 2 hours to make sure they don’t over cook.
- Remove fries from slow cooker and serve hot with ketchup or mustard.
Recipe adapted from Practical Stewardship