- 2 pounds flank steak, thinly sliced, cut into 2-inch strips
- 5 cups broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 2/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 3/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Lightly grease slow cooker with non-stick spray, then add steak strips, beef broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, peanut oil and red pepper flakes.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on high for 2 hours, or until steak is cooked through but still tender. (Or cook on low for 4-5 hours.)
- After 2 hours of cooking, whisk together cornstarch and water in a small bowl, then stir slurry into beef mixture. Stir in broccoli as well, then cover slow cooker and continue cooking for 20-25 minutes, or until broccoli is fork tender.
- Spoon beef and broccoli into bowls and serve hot. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Creme de la Crumb