One Bite Of This Honey Lemon Chicken And You’ll Be Hooked!
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- sesame seeds, lightly toasted, garnish
- green onions, minced, garnish
- 2/3 cup chicken stock
- 3-4 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large, resealable plastic bag, combine soy sauce, white wine vinegar, garlic and chicken cubes. Seal bag and shake so all chicken pieces are evenly coated.
- Place in refrigerator and chill for 2-8 hours, or overnight.
- Remove chicken from marinade and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat and brown chicken on all sides until cooked through, 6-8 minutes. Transfer chicken to a separate plate and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together chicken stock, honey and lemon juice. Sprinkle in cornstarch and whisk until smooth.
- Season with ginger, salt and pepper, and taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
- Pour sauce mixture into skillet (use the same one you cooked the chicken in) and return to medium-high heat.
- Bring mixture to a boil and cook for 3-5 minutes, or until thickened.
- Once desired thickness is reached, return chicken to pan and toss to coat.
- Serve hot with rice and your choice of garnish. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Gimme Some Oven