¼ cup peanut butter (preferably smooth)
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tsp brown sugar
1½ tbsp sriracha, or 2 tsp chili paste/sauce + 2 tsp vinegar
2 tbsp lime juice
6 tbsp coconut milk (I used low fat)
2 tbsp water
¼ tsp salt
10oz/300g fresh egg noodles (Note 1)
2 cups red cabbage, shredded
2 cups green, shredded
2 carrots, finely chopped
¼ tsp salt
2 scallion/shallot stems, finely sliced on the diagonal
1 large red chilli (not very spicy), deseeded and finely sliced (Note 2)
12oz/350g chicken breast, cut in half vertically and thinly sliced
Salt and pepper
1½ tsp curry powder
2 tsp sweet soy sauce/ kecap manis (Note 3)
1 tbsp cooking oil
3 tbsp peanuts, roughly chopped
- Mix dressing ingredients in a bowl until smooth.
- Prepare noodles according to packet instructions.
- Place both cabbages and carrots in a bowl, add ¼ tsp salt, toss to combine and set aside for 5-10 minutes to wilt lightly.
- Place the Satay Chicken ingredients EXCEPT the oil in a bowl and toss to coat.
- Heat oil in a non stick fry pan over high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 3 minutes until golden, then transfer to a plate.
- Toss noodles and remaining salad ingredients with chicken and Dressing, then serve. Serve at room temperature or warm.
Resource : http://www.recipetineats.com/satay-chicken-noodle-salad/