“Ground chicken, chickpeas and tomatoes are simmered in a flavorful blend of red curry paste, coconut milk and robust Indian spices for a twist on chili.”
- 2 tablespoons Pure Wesson(R) Vegetable Oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste, divided
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (13.5 ounce) can lite coconut milk
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Hunt’s(R) Diced Tomatoes, drained
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Greek yogurt (optional)
- Warm naan bread (optional)
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add ground chicken; cook 5 to 7 minutes or until crumbled and no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Remove from pan; set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium; add 1/4 cup broth, onion, ginger, garlic to saucepan. Cook 5 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons curry paste, garam masala, chili powder and salt; cook 2 to 3 minutes more or until spices are fragrant. Stir in cooked chicken, coconut milk, chickpeas and drained tomatoes. Bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, stir together remaining 1/4 cup chicken broth and cornstarch in small bowl. Stir in cornstarch mixture to saucepan. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes or until mixture has thickened. Remove from heat; stir in remaining 1 tablespoon curry paste. Top each serving with cilantro, yogurt and serve with naan bread, if desired.
recipes adapted from: allrecipes