- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 large (3 oz each) sausage links, thinly sliced (I use cajun-style andouille sausages)
- 2 cups Pomi chopped tomatoes (or one 14-oz can pure tomato puree)*
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt (or ½ teaspoon fine sea salt)
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- ½ teaspoon crushed red peppers
- 16 oz raw shrimp, frozen, briefly rinsed in cold water to separate them
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat, about 3 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste, garlic, paprika and cumin. Cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the sausage slices and cook until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, salt, pepper, coriander and crushed red peppers. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Add the shrimp. Cover, reduce heat to medium and cook until opaque, about 10 minutes (5 minutes if shrimp are not frozen).
- To serve, spoon over rice, cauliflower rice or spaghetti squash.
Source : allrecipes.com