- 4 cups fresh (or canned) corn kernels; about 6 ears
- 2 avocados, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup cotija cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder, or to taste
- kosher salt, to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat and cook corn until semi-charred on all sides. About 8 minutes.
- Season with salt, then transfer corn to a large bowl.
- Add diced avocado, garlic, bell pepper, red onion and parsley, then mix in chili powder, lime zest and juice, and mayonnaise.
- Toss everything together until evenly coated, then taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
- Add cotija cheese and toss together, then refrigerate or serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from Cooking Classy