- Tiny ripe mangoes-5 nos
- Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
- Chilly powder-1 tsp
- Green chilly-2 large
- Salt-to taste
- Curd- 1/2 cup
- Coconut-1 cup
- Cumin seeds-1/2 tsp
- Mustard seeds-1/2 tsp
- Shallots (small onion)-4 nos
- Jaggery syrup-1/4 cup (or less)
Ingredients For Seasoning:
- Coconut oil-1 1/2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds-1 tsp
- Dry red chilly-2 large
- Curry leaves-2 springs
- Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp(optional)
- Chilly powder-1/2 tsp(optional)
- Peel the mangoes skin and using a knife make some slits on it to infuse the flavor inside.
- Add these mangoes in a curry pot along with 1/2 cup of water, turmeric powder, chilly powder, salt and green chilly slits.
- Cook covered for about 10-15 minutes until the mangoes turn soft.
- Mean while; in a blender add grated coconut, cumin seeds, shallots and mustard seeds; add 1 cup of water and make a smooth paste out of it. keep it aside.
- Beat the curd in a blender or by a hand mixer (in-order to become smooth without lumps).
- When the mangoes are cooked, add the beaten curd in to it and mix well; cook on medium flame until the curry starts boiling (forming lumps on top).
- When it starts to boil add the coconut paste in to it and mix well.
- Add the jaggery syrup; mash the mangoes with ladle to infuse the flavor.
- Switch off the flame when the curry starts boiling.
- Do seasoning on top.
- Heat a pan with coconut oil; splutter mustard seeds, add dry red chilly and curry leaves; switch off the flame by adding turmeric powder and red chilly powder in to it.
- Pour the seasoning above the curry and mix well before serving.
Source : allrecipes,com