- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups fresh or canned corn
- 1/2 cup yellow onion
- 1/4 cup bell pepper
- 1/4 cup green onions
- 1 jalapeno, diced – more or less, to taste
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup grated monterey jack
- 1 cup grated cheddar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat.
- Add corn. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for about 5 minutes, until corn starts to brown, stirring occasionally.
- Remove corn from skillet and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in pan and add onions and bell pepper. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add in the jalapeno, green onions, and garlic. Cook another 2 minutes.
- Add corn back into pepper mixture and still to combine.
- Stir in the mayonnaise, cayenne pepper, and half of each cheese. Stir well to combine.
- Spread in a baking dish and cover the top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Serve hot.
Source : allrecipes.com