- 1 pound chicken breasts chopped into bite size pieces
- 9.5 oz. soba noodles or thin spaghetti cooked al dente
- 2 green onions, chopped
Honey Sriracha Sauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Sriracha/Asian hot chili sauce, more or less to taste*
- 1/2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons mirin/sweet Japanese rice wine or dry sherry**
- 1 tablespoon quality hoisin sauce (like Lee Kum Kee or Kikkoman)**
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
Stir Fry Vegetables (or use your favorites)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups Chinese napa cabbage
- 1 carrot cut into thin matchsticks or sliced thin
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
In a medium bowl, whisk together the Honey Sriracha Sauce ingredients. Add 1/4 cup of this prepared Sauce to a large freezer bag along with chicken and let marinate for 30 minutes (time permitting) or just while you prep your vegetables. You can also do this step the night before and let chicken marinate in the refrigerator until ready to cook.
Heat 1 tablespoon sesame oil (may sub olive/coconut oil) over high heat in a large skillet. Drain excess marinade from chicken and add chicken to skillet. Saute just until no longer pink on the outside (chicken will finish cooking in the sauce). Add vegetables and saute 2 minutes.
Whisk Sauce to recombine and add to chicken/vegetables. Simmer until thickened and vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Add noodles and stir until evenly combined. Taste and add additional Sriracha for more heat, more brown sugar for sweeter.
Garnish with green onions.
Source : allrecipes.com