- 1 cup quinoa, dry
- 2 lbs asparagus, trimmed & cut into 2” pieces
- 2 lbs large shrimp, raw & deveined
- 1/2 cup pine nuts (optional)*
- 3 tbsp butter, divided
- 4 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp himalayan pink salt, divided
- Sprouts (optional)
- Cook quinoa as per package instructions.
- In a ceramic non-stick wok, add pine nuts and toast until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Takes about 4 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Return wok to medium heat and melt 1 tbsp butter. Add half the amount of garlic and stir for 10 seconds. Add asparagus and sprinkle with 1/2 tsp salt; stir an cover. Cook for 5 minutes and transfer to a bowl with pine nuts.
- Return wok to medium-high heat and melt 2 tbsp butter. Add shrimp, sprinkle with 1/2 tsp salt and cook until pink and no grey in sight, stirring occasionally. Turn off the heat, add half the amount of garlic and stir well. Sprinkle with black pepper if desired.
- Add asparagus, pine nuts and quinoa to a wok. Sprinkle with sprouts if using. Stir gently and serve hot.
Source : allrecipes.com