- 8 oz fussilli cooked in chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 TBSPs unsalted butter
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 3 medium carrots, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 TBSP corn starch (for slurry)
- 1 cup milk (I used skim)
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried basil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella, divided
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Spray a 9 by 9 casserole dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Cook the pasta in chicken stock with two bay leaves thrown into the water according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Melt the butter over medium low heat in a large sauce pan. Add the celery, carrots and garlic to the pan. Cook until the veggies are soft and tender.
- Very slowly add the milk, approximately a tablespoon of milk at a time, waiting until the last bit of milk was completely combined before adding the next bit. Take some of the liquid from the the pan and mix it with corn starch to make a slurry. Add in slurry.Make sure your mixture is at least simmering so the corn starch will thicken.
- Add the thyme and basil. Then season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in the chicken, cooked noodles, and and one cup of the cheese. Pour the mixture into the greased casserole dish and top with the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
Source : allrecipes.com
(Visited 155 times, 3 visits today)