- 2 cups cooked chicken breast, diced
- 2 cups cooked brown rice (recommended: instant rice)
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can sweet corn, rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can fire roasted diced tomatoes, drained (dice fresh Roma tomatoes, if desired)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 (1 oz) package taco seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cilantro, chopped
- Sour cream (optional)
- In a large saucepan on medium heat, sauté garlic in olive oil until fragrant, 1-2 minutes. Add onion and bell pepper and sauté until just softened.
- Next, add diced chicken and taco seasoning, stirring to combine, about 3-5 minutes.
- Black beans, corn, and fire roasted tomatoes are next into the saucepan. Give ingredients a good stir then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Finally, add brown rice and stir, allowing all of the ingredients to combine. Simmer for 10 minutes to bring all of the ingredients and flavor together.
- Scoop into a bowl and garnish with cilantro and, if desired, a dollop of sour cream.
Recipe adapted from Eat Healthy Eat Happy