- 2 pounds cube steaks
- ¼ c. flour
- salt and pepper
- 1 envelope Lipton’s onion soup mix
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can milk
- splash of Kitchen Bouquet (I mostly use it for added color, I usually add about a tsp.)
- 1 tsp. dry thyme
- 1 c. sliced mushrooms
- fettuccini noodles or hot cooked rice
- Lay cube steaks flat on a cutting board. Sprinkle one side with flour, salt and pepper. Pound meat with a meat tenderizer, or a knife. Flip steaks and repeat on the other side.
- Mix dry onion soup mix, cream of mushroom soup, milk, Kitchen Bouquet and thyme together.
- Put a single layer of steak in the bottom of the slow cooker. Then pour mushroom sauce on top. Sprinkle sliced mushrooms over sauce.
- Repeat with remaining layers of steak, sauce and mushrooms.
- Cook in slow cooker on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- Serve over cooked noodles or rice.
Source : allrecipes.com