The best part is everything cooks up in under half an hour, in one skillet. Yep, that’s right, even the pasta noodles! And since it’s so hearty, there’s no need to make a side dish, making it a winning option for an easy weeknight dinner!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (1 lb) package penne pasta
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz) can corn, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded or grated parmesan cheese
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chopped cilantro or green onion, for garnish
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat and add chicken, salt, and pepper, and brown 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add cream, broth, taco seasoning, and stir to combine. Stir in pasta, and bring to a light boil.
- Reduce heat and stir in corn, beans, garlic, and tomatoes. Cover and cook about 10-15 minutes or until pasta is al dente, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off heat and stir in parmesan until melted. Garnish with cilantro or green onions, serve warm, and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from The Cookie Rookie