Creamy Garlic Parmesan Mushroom Chicken & Bacon is packed full of flavour for an easy, weeknight dinner the whole family will love!
FOR THE CHICKEN:
- 6 bone-in, skin-on or off chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
FOR THE CREAM SAUCE:
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 7 ounces | 200 grams diced bacon
- 14 ounces | 400 grams sliced brown mushrooms (cremini)
- 1 cup cream OR milk*
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Salt, only if needed to your taste
- Extra chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
- Fresh shaved or grated parmesan, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 200°C | 400°F.
- Arrange chicken on a plate. Combine together the olive oil, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper in a jug. Rub the oil mixture over the chicken to completely coat.
- Heat a large, oven proof pan or skillet over medium high heat. Sear the chicken, skin-side down first, until skin is crisp and golden brown. Rotate and sear the other side (about 2-3 minutes per side).
- Transfer to oven and roast until completely cooked through, about 25-30 minutes.
- Once chicken is done, remove from skillet; set aside. Pour out HALF of the chicken juices left in the pan.
- Using the same skillet the chicken was in, fry the garlic in the reserved chicken juices over medium heat, stirring frequently until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the bacon and fry until just beginning to crisp. Add in the mushrooms and cook until mushrooms begin to soften.
- Pour in the cream OR milk, chicken broth and Parmesan; allow to simmer until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. SEE NOTES if using milk INSTEAD of cream option)
- Season with pepper. Taste first before adding in any extra salt, as the bacon will add the salt.
- Add the chicken back into the pan; allow to simmer for 1-2 minutes in the cream to take on the flavours.
- Garnish with parsley and shaved or grated parmesan, if desired. Serve over rice, pasta, or steamed/grilled vegetables.
Source : allrecipes.com
(Visited 2,396 times, 3 visits today)