- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (28 oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350º F and bring a large pot of salted water to boil.
- Cook pasta according to packaging directions, or until al dente, then drain and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat and sauté onion until softened and translucent. 6-8 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, then add minced garlic and cook for another 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Add ground beef and cook, breaking up into small pieces, until browned on all sides.
- Pour in crushed tomatoes and tomato paste, then add basil, oregano and red pepper flakes.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for 10 minutes, or until somewhat thickened.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
- In a large bowl, mix cream cheese and sour cream together until combined.
- Place drained pasta in a large baking dish and spread cream cheese mixture evenly over the pasta.
- Top with beef and tomato sauce, then sprinkle cheeses evenly over the top.
- Place in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly.
- Remove from oven and serve hot.
Recipe adapted from Damn Delicious