- 2 cups pecans
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, stir together sugars, evaporated milk, corn syrup and butter until melted and smooth.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 3 minutes, then remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract and salt. Fold in shredded coconut and pecans until incorporated, then continue stirring for 3-4 minutes, or until mixture begins to cool.
- Once thick, use a tablespoon or small ice cream scoop to drop spoonfuls of cookie “dough” onto wax paper-lined baking sheets.
- Let set completely (freezing if necessary), then enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Confessions Of A Cookbook Queen