- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1 (10.75 oz.) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (6 oz.) package wild rice with seasoning packet
- 3 cups herb-seasoned stuffing mix
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, grated, divided
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350º F and lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Cook rice with seasoning packet according to packaging directions, then place in a large bowl.
- Stir in chicken, chicken soup, chicken broth, garlic powder, onion powder and paprika, and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Pour half of chicken mixture into greased baking dish and sprinkle 1 cup cheese on top. Pour remaining chicken mixture over the cheese, then top with remaining cheese.
- In a separate bowl, pour melted butter over herb stuffing and stir together, then spread stuffing over baking dish.
- Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes, or until stuffing is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes before serving.
Recipe adapted from Garnish and Glaze