- 10 slices bread, approximately 7 ounces (200 grams)
- 2 ounces (55 grams) butter
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 cup (250 ml) heavy cream
- Bechamel sauce
- 3 ounces (85 grams) mozzarella
- 3 ounces (85 grams) shredded Cheddar
- 1 tablespoon capers
- Chili flakes
- For the Bechamel sauce:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2/3 cups (165 ml) milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- You can start with the Bechamel sauce.
- Heat a saucepan over medium-low heat and start melting the butter. Add the flour and stir until smooth.
- Cook the mixture on medium heat for about 6-7 minutes, until it has a light, golden color.
- Separately, heat the milk in a separate pan, until just about to boil. Slowly add the hot milk in the butter mixture, whisking continuously until very smooth.
- Cook for 10 more minutes, while stirring, and then remove from the heat. Season the sauce with salt and nutmeg and leave it aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Break the bread slices using your hands. Add them in the blender and blend into breadcrumbs.
- Heat a skillet and start melting the butter. Add in the breadcrumbs and let them absorb the butter.
- Heat another skillet and fry the bacon slices until golden and crispy.
- Heat a saucepan and start boiling the water. Break the cauliflower into florets and add them into the water. Boil it for about 5 minutes. When ready, move it into a bowl of cold water.
- Shred half of your mozzarella. Use a small bowl and mix the Bechamel sauce with heavy cream, fried bacon, shredded mozzarella, half of the Cheddar, capers, and boiled cauliflower.
- Move this mixture into a large baking tray and top with remaining mozzarella, Cheddar, breadcrumbs, and chili flakes.
- Bake the casserole in the oven for the next 25 minutes.
Source : allrecipes,com
(Visited 11 times, 1 visits today)