- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- Season chicken breasts generously with salt and pepper and place in a large baking dish.
- Cover with aluminum foil, place in oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat and whisk in flour. Cook roux for 2 minutes, stirring constantly, or until smooth, paste-like, and golden in color.
- Remove pan from heat and gradually whisk in whole milk until smooth. Return to heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and let sauce simmer for 5-7 minutes, or until thickened.
- Stir in cheeses, mustard and garlic powder, and season with salt and pepper.
- Remove chicken from oven and evenly pour sauce over the top.
- Return to oven and bake for another 25-30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked all the way through, but still tender.
- Remove from oven, serve hot and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Good To Know
(Visited 195 times, 1 visits today)