- 6-7 cups fresh cauliflower florets
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (or rice flour, if making gluten-free)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter (or vegan alternative), melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup hot sauce (Frank’s Red, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 450 F and lightly grease a baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- Combine flour, water, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Whisk together.
- Dredge cauliflower completely in flour batter and gently shake off excess. Then transfer to baking sheet.
- Place baking tray in oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until batter sets. Flip florets over and cook for another 5.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together hot sauce and melted butter until smooth and combined.
- Remove cauliflower from oven and brush hot sauce over all the florets, until coated thoroughly.
- Return to oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until vegetables have absorbed sauce and are crispy enough to your liking.
- Remove from oven and let cool 10-15 minutes before serving.
Recipe adapted fromLoosely Followed Recipes
(Visited 16 times, 1 visits today)