- 1/2 cup milk, divided
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbl butter, unsalted
- 1 1/2 Tbl sugar
- 2 Tbl flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 4-5 cups corn kernels, fresh or frozen (thawed) – well drained
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4-1/2 cup shredded Asiago (optional)
- Chives for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400F, rack in the middle.
- Lightly spray a 2 quart baking dish.
- In a medium-to-large saucepan over medium heat add in the cream, 1/4 cup milk, sugar and butter.
- Bring to a boil.
- While the cream mixture is heating up make a slurry of the flour and remaining 1/4 cup milk by whisking together until well combined.
- Whisk together the eggs until well beaten.
- Once the milk comes to a boil, add in the flour slurry and whisk until thickened slightly – ~30 seconds to a minute.
- Remove from the heat and add in the corn and salt mixing to combine.
- Slowly add in the eggs while mixing the entire time – you do not want the eggs to curdle.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the top is puffy and golden brown. *See note if using cheese
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes before serving so it can firm up and set.
Source : allrecipes.com