- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cup gluten free breadcrumbs
- Salt, pepper and smoked paprika, to taste
- 9 ounces bacon slices
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, chopped
- ½ cup barbecue sauce
- Preheat a convection oven to 320° Fahrenheit (conventional ovens to 350°F).
- Mix ground beef, eggs, breadcrumbs and spices in a large bowl.
- Line a 9×5 inch loaf pan first with parchment paper and then with ⅔ of the bacon, leaving an overhang.
- Shape a long log with ⅔ of the meat mixture and fit it inside the loaf pan. Make a groove in the middle and add the mozzarella cheese to it. Cover with the remaining meat mixture. Fold the bacon overhang on top and cover entirely with the remaining ⅓ of bacon. Spread with ⅓ of the barbecue sauce.
- Bake in the middle of the preheated for 40 minutes. Spread with another ⅓ of the barbecue sauce. Continue baking for another 20 minutes, spread with the remaining sauce and serve hot.
Source : allrecipes.com