- 1 pasteurized egg, at room temperature
- 1 cup olive oil, mild or extra virgin, your choice, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1 clove garlic, smashed (add 1 more clove if you love garlic)
- 4 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp anchovy paste
- Put all the ingredients in a large mason jar. Make sure your egg and oil are at room temperature.
- Put an immersion blender down into the jar, and turn on. Blend, pulling up as you go, until the dressing has emulsified. This will only take a few seconds. Give it a stir, and then taste to adjust the seasoning. Tasting is key to getting it just perfect. You may want a little more anchovy, or lemon. I always add more cracked pepper.
- Keep refrigerated and eat within a few weeks.